“If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.” This quote is from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Yogi Berra put a famous twist on this by saying “If you don’t know where you’re going you’ll end up someplace else.”
“Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.” Seneca
In absence of vision and clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia. Has your life fallen into mindless routine? Do you have a vague feeling that you would like to be doing something different, be somewhere else, spend your days involved in something more meaningful? It all begins with your vision. Not just a dream or a romantic ideal, a vision that is clearly developed, that focuses your life, informs the development of your goals, and directs the priorities of your daily life. It is possible to live a well-thought life. Not only is it possible, you might be missing the best possible life and the best possible version of you. It is good for every person to devote time regularly to thinking about the bigger picture of his or her life.
Mark Dolfini is the author of “The Time Wealthy Investor” and in that book he outlines his VIP strategy. VIP is an acronym standing for Vision, Infrastructure, and Process. His work and thoughts on the Vision part alone are some of the best I’ve seen. I might have planted a little seed in his brain about doing an entire course on Vision and that has now become a reality. Mark will be making a guest appearance tonight at the Flipping America REIA meeting via video chat. But he also is going to join us in just a moment for a conversation about his new course on Vision.
How to contact us
www.RogerBlankenship.com. Leave a voicemail right from the home page!
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 877-55-ROGER (76437) ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
American IRA: www.americanIRA.com
Civic Financial: bit.ly/CivicFunding
Real Estate Investing QuickStart
- The Flipping America REIA meets every Wednesday from noon to 2 and Thursday from 7-9. You can join the REIA and learn real estate investing from the comfort of your own home, or get together with a few friends and form a chapter in your area. Learn more at flippingamericareia.com.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- FlipCalcs allows you to enter one data set about a property and consider up to six deal ppossibilities.
- “Real Estate Investing Quick Start” Fifteen lessons to start your real estate investing career. Study from the comfort of your own home. I give you 8 action assignments in lesson 1 and show you how to complete them while holding your feet to the fire over the next 15 lessons. bit.ly/requickstart.
- Kathy Fettke called it on this show. Crystal lagoons could be a “wave” of the future. https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/02/12/crystal-lagoons-is-disrupting-beach-front-real-estate.html
- Is it a rental monolith or a monopoly? https://www.housingwire.com/articles/birth-of-a-rental-monolith-rentpath-declares-bankruptcy-agrees-to-sell-to-costar/
- Can investors also become HomeSnap pro users? https://www.housingwire.com/articles/homesnap-new-platform-guesses-when-people-will-move/
- People are on the move – away from expensive coastal cities. https://www.redfin.com/blog/q4-2019-housing-migration-report/
Topic: The Personal Vision Road Map, with Mark Dolfini
- Confusing results with vision.
- Big house, why? Love to entertain. Why? Keep pulling on the thread and usually will end up saying “because I (fill in the blank with this deep need).”
- Not about goals. It’s attached to the limbic system – the thing that gets. You up on a rainy Sunday morning.
- The Vision Paragraph
- The Vision Summary – write it down every day. “She wanted to move her mom within a 5 min drive. Home-school her kids, work from home, 10-15 hours/week. Wanted to start trying to have another baby.” Identify revenue goals that can make that happen. The two or three things she wanted the most within the next 8-12 months.
- Three pillars of the mind, body, and soul. Easiest to start with the mind.
- The Personal Vision Road Map
- Jessica, Akron, OH, “I have saved $40,000 to invest in a fix and flip. I’ve watched videos, attended a boot camp, and I see deals from time to time that fit all the criteria. But I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger. I know it’s fear, but how do I overcome it?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
“To reach a port, we must sail—Sail, not tie at anchor—Sail, not drift.” – Franklin Roosevelt
Expected Air Date: Mon 2/13/2020
Guest: Mark Dolfini