We have a little bit of everything today. We have some great questions from our listening audience and some news you can use. The year-end housing reports are hitting and I have the latest from Case-Schiller, HousingWire, and Attom Data. And I am going to talk a bit today about whether we are in a bubble. All this and more coming up on today’s episode of Flipping America.
How to contact us
www.RogerBlankenship.com. Leave a voicemail right from the home page!
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
American IRA: www.americanIRA.com
Civic Financial: bit.ly/CivicFunding
- The Flipping America REIA meets every Wednesday from noon to 2 and Thursday from 7-9. You can join the REIA and learn real estate investing from the comfort of your own home, or get together with a few friends and form a chapter in your area. Learn more at flippingamericareia.com.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- FlipCalcs allows you to enter one data set about a property and consider up to six deal possibilities.
- “Real Estate Investing Quick Start” Fifteen lessons to start your real estate investing career. Study from the comfort of your own home. I give you 8 action assignments in lesson 1 and show you how to complete them while holding your feet to the fire over the next 15 lessons. bit.ly/requickstart.
- According to the latest Housing Vacancies and Homeownership release from the U.S. Census Bureau, the homeownership rate jumped to 65.1% in the fourth quarter of 2019, the highest in six years. The number of homeowners jumped 1.3 million during 2019, adding 0.3 percentage points to the ownership rate. What’s more, the U.S. rental vacancy rates dropped to 6.4%, the lowest since mid-1985. https://www.corelogic.com/blog/2020/1/homeownership-rate-jumps-as-millennials-step-up-buying.aspx
- Natural disasters affect insurance companies which do their best to understand a home’s risk, reinsurance companies who grapple with aggregate risk, banks mortgage companies who face risk to assets and find challenges in ensuring customers have immediate access to local branches, the real estate industry which sees pricing pressure, and homeowners, families, and businesses who do their best to just make it through in one piece.
- The 2019 Natural Hazard Report unpacks the disasters that occurred last year as well as within the past decade. It evaluates:
- The overall impact on residences, including counts of homes damaged or destroyed in the affected areas and the people who weathered the storm.
- The financial impact of catastrophes which occurred in the past calendar year both in the United States and worldwide.
- The economic impact of previous years’ natural disasters on mortgage and property markets and what that indicates about 2019’s recovery efforts. https://www.corelogic.com/insights/natural-hazard-risk-summary-and-analysis.aspx
- If you watch the Super Bowl tomorrow you will hear an ad from the largest mortgage company you never heard of. UWM, United Wholesale Mortgage. They take a shot at Quicken Loans – “playing with Rockets is fun, when you’re a kid.” https://www.housingwire.com/articles/uwm-enters-the-big-leagues-unveils-first-super-bowl-commercial/
- https://www.housingwire.com/articles/is-the-u-s-in-a-housing-bubble/ Logan Motashami
- https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/forget-everything-you-know-about-renters-this-is-whos-renting-today/ Average renter age now is 42. Luxury rentals are in.
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
- Twanna, Atlanta, GA “I have $20,000 to invest. Where should I put it?”
- Nadia, Atlanta, GA “I have watched a ton of YouTube videos. It’s so much information, but I am not sure where to start.”
- Gloria, Anderson, IN “I am hearing conflicting information about asset protection. Some say put properties in a trust. Others say it should be in an LLC. I’ve heard one guy say he has a big vision so he is putting all of his properties into an S Corp. It’s confusing to me. Can you help me make some sense of all this?”
- Eduardo, Dallas, TX, “I have discovered Section 8 rentals. As good as they seem, this disagrees with my beliefs about government aid. What are your thoughts?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Don’t take the road less traveled. Don’t take the road more traveled. Find someone you admire and take whatever road they took.” -Roger Blankenship
Expected Air Date: Sat 2/1/2020