Real estate investing is profitable, interesting, and can even be a little bit fun. What can enhance all of these feelings is to invest in real estate and not pay taxes on your profit. This is entirely possible, legal, and yes the IRS knows all about it. How can this be accomplished? The Self-Directed Roth IRA. You can set up a retirement account that invests in real estate – even if you already have a 401k or other retirement account at your job. And if you have an old 401k from a previous employer, you can convert that to a self-directed account that will allow you to invest in real estate. There are rules and limitations of course, but also a world of possibilities. Today I’m joined by Mike Ventry of American IRA. American IRA is one of the finest providers of this service in America and we will explain why shortly. Mike Ventry is one of the most knowledgeable and credible people in the industry and you’ll see why in just a few minutes as he joins us.
How to contact us
www.RogerBlankenship.com. Leave a voicemail right from the home page!
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
American IRA: www.americanIRA.com
Civic Financial: bit.ly/CivicFunding
- The Flipping America REIA meets every Wednesday from noon to 2 and Thursday from 7-9. You can join the REIA and learn real estate investing from the comfort of your own home, or get together with a few friends and form a chapter in your area. Learn more at flippingamericareia.com.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- FlipCalcs allows you to enter one data set about a property and consider up to six deal ppossibilities.
- “Real Estate Investing Quick Start” Fifteen lessons to start your real estate investing career. Study from the comfort of your own home. I give you 8 action assignments in lesson 1 and show you how to complete them while holding your feet to the fire over the next 15 lessons. bit.ly/requickstart.
Topic: Self Directed Real Estate Investing.
Alison, Pittsburgh, PA, “I’m having such a hard time finding a deal. It seems like every wholesaler is just charging whatever they want and getting it. What would you suggest?”
Kurt, Anderson, IN, “I’ve accumulated a bit of cash ($200,000) and want to put it into something but I don’t want the hassle of rentals. Any suggestions?”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
- Kurt, Anderson, IN, “I’ve accumulated a bit of cash ($200,000) and want to put it into something but I don’t want the hassle of rentals. Any suggestions?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.” Will Smith
Expected Air Date: 1/14/20
Guest: Mike Ventry