It’s Q&A time again! We are going to devote a good bit of today’s show to answering your questions. If you have a question about real estate or real estate investing, we promise we will either answer it or if we don’t know, we will get an answer for you. You have a lot of options when it comes to asking a question. Most of you email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occasionally people will leave a question at our national comment line, 404-369-1018. And you can always send us a question through social media. I don’t tend to see those right away, but whenever we get a question about real estate we answer it. We are not going to do your homework or your research for you, but we will go off of the numbers you provide and tell you whether we would do the deal. So sure, we will tell you whether it sounds like a deal will work. But there are always other types of questions as well, as you’re about to hear. So don’t be shy — reach out with your question.
Start your new year off with a Boost and a Bang in your real estate career. FlipStarter Atlanta is January 11-12th. Tickets will go on sale next week and we will have some type of early bird pricing I’m sure.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
American IRA: www.americanIRA.com
Civic Financial: bit.ly/CivicFunding
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
- David Burt is at it again.
- I know you’ve been talking about this at the networking events, but what’s a non-QM bond, and why is this important?
- FTC Cracks Down on Real Estate Seminar Scams
- Airbnb Vows to Verify All Listings Posted at Its Site
- Low U.S. Interest Rates Are Fueling a Bubble in Commercial Real Estate https://www.nreionline.com/finance-investment/low-us-interest-rates-are-fueling-bubble-commercial-real-estate
- Hank, Portland, OR, “Glad I found your show. I’ve enjoyed listening. I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times, but I would like to know you opinion on the best way to get started in this business.
- Becca, Milwaukee, WI “I’m looking at a deal that just by the numbers looks like a good deal. But when I look at the house it just doesn’t feel right. My boyfriend tells me I should trust the numbers but my realtor kind of agrees with me – it just an ugly house situation on a weird lot. Am I missing an opportunity if I say no to this?
- Sandy, Chattanooga TN, “I have an opportunity to buy a rental house in a gentrifying neighborhood just south of downtown. Although it’s improving, the schools there are are still terrible and crime is high. The house would yield 2% per month in rents. But I’m hesitant. Can you help me think about this?”
- Roy, Baltimore, MD, “My partner and I have been offered six row houses – the entire block for $5,000. They are all vacant and need a lot of work, and I know there are a lot of vacant homes around. But if we controlled the entire block, it seems like we shouldn’t pass it up. Our plan would be to fix them and rent them out until the neighborhood comes back, then sell. Your thoughts?”
- Gary, Harrisburg, PA, “I was driving to Philly the other day and was surfing radio stations until I came across your show. Interesting stuff. I’ve been thinking about buying some rentals for side income. Can you give me some pointers on how to find something good in Harrisburg?
- Jackie, Villages of Ocala, “My husband and I own 25 rental properties back in Michigan where we are from. We are thinking of selling them and using the money to buy similar inventory here in Florida. There’s no income tax here and we think we would do better. But although we live here now, we are new here and not that familiar with property in Florida. It’s hard to give up something that works for something that might work a little better. We’d like you to weigh in.”
- Lupe, Boulder, CO, “I heard you mention that you love working with Realtors. Please explain why. It seems like they get paid a lot for doing nothing. I mean, it’s not that hard to list a property.”
- Bernita, Macon, GA, “Is there any way to tell whether or not you need a new roof without getting up on it? I don’t want to climb on a roof.”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “The definition of ‘luck’ is when preparation meets opportunity.” –Anonymous
Expected Air Date: Thursday 10/17/19