Technology is a huge part of the world around us and real estate is no exception. We have been researching the use of technology in real estate investing for some time now and are attempting to create a resource page for your use and reference. Today we are continuing with Part Three, I’ve taken the time to look at EVERY website designed to help consumers find properties. I consider usability, usefulness, the quantity and quality of information, and then I’m going to tell you which of these I use in my business and why.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
American IRA: www.americanIRA.com
Civic Financial: bit.ly/CivicFunding
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
How Much Public Transit Adds to Home Values
SoftBank is in talks with JP Morgan on WeWork bailout as cash is expected to dry up by mid-November https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/softbank-is-in-talks-with-jp-morgan-on-wework-bailout-package.html
Lower mortgage rates are causing an epic housing shortage https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/lower-mortgage-rates-are-causing-an-epic-housing-shortage.html
Experts: Don’t Blame Housing If Recession Hits https://magazine.realtor/daily-news/2019/10/14/experts-don-t-blame-housing-if-recession-hits
6 Things Your Real Estate Agent Can Help You With https://realestate.usnews.com/real-estate/articles/6-things-your-real-estate-agent-can-help-you-with
Airbnb’s cash numbers could show that it’s not another WeWork in the making https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/airbnb-with-3-billion-on-balance-sheet-trying-to-avoid-wework.html
Topic: Real Estate Tech
Questions for the review.
- How does it present? List, Map, both? Configurable?
- Is it easy to search?
- Property data?
- Community data?
- Unique point of attraction (why would I choose to go here as opposed to one of the others?)
Branded RE sites and apps
- Non-broker afiliated
- Realtor.com, list view by default, map view is possible.
- Trulia.com combo view, you cannot zoom on the map by scrolling the mouse. Pros and cons.
- Zillow.com, combo view. Good stats on houses
- Redfin.com, more properties in map view. Draw feature
- Movoto Real Estate, NO map view
- Owners.com Altisource has shut it down.
- Estately Real Estate Search
- USHUD Foreclosure Home Search
- Brokerage affiliated
- Compass Real Estate – Homes
- Remax.com. Nice map view, doesn’t seem to be as thorough as redfin.
- Keller Williams, loads slowly, no map view
- BHG Real Estate Homes (Better Homes and Gardens)
- Century 21 Local, loads quickly, no map view
- ERA Real Estate
- Local Search sites
- StreetEasy NYC Rentals
- HAR Texas Real Estate
- Realty One app
- Homes for Sale, Rent app
- Millions Mapped Real Estate app
- GoMLS App
- Room8 Website is there only to tell you to download the app. Find a place and find a roommmate.
- RadPad – find apartments to rent
- LoopNet Commercial
- CoStar Commercial
- Idealista for real estate in Spain!
- PropertiesBook Real Estate real estate in Abu Dhabi
Let’s talk about Privy: http://bit.ly/getprivyprogram
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting” –Anonymous
Expected Air Date: Thursday 10/17/19