Technology is a huge part of the world around us and real estate is no exception. We have been researching the use of technology in real estate investing for some time now and are attempting to create a resource page for your use and reference. Today as we open the subject, I’m going to share with you how we have tentatively outlined the subject, listed programs, websites, and apps to check out, and how we are going to open this up for YOU to contribute to the listings. This will likely become an ongoing feature of the show. We certainly won’t cover everything today or even next time, but we know it’s an important part of investing so we are going to make it a regular topic.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest with the Flipping America Guy? We are looking for select partners on multiple projects. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or go to rogerblankenship.com/invest.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
- The Flipping America Network app is available. Download for free. FlippingAmericaNetwork — all one word. Create your profile for free. List properties, browse properties. When you buy or when you sell your cost is $100.
Topic: RE Tech
The Purpose of Technology
It’s not a replacement.
- Doesn’t replace understanding
- what a deal is.
- The process of getting a deal done
- Doesn’t create common sense – comps.
- Doesn’t replace the need to build relationships.
- Won’t go see properties for you, although we are getting closer on that all the time.
- It may suggest a solution, but it won’t make a decision (and we don’t want it to).
It’s a Tool
- Automate procedures
- Speed up processes
- Analyze big data sets
- Saves time (maybe – sometimes the setup and error correction take longer than it would have to do it manually in the first place. HOWEVER – once it’s done, the same process can be repeated much faster in the future.)
- Branded RE sites and apps
- Realtor.com, list view by default, map view is possible.
- Trulia.com combo view, you cannot zoom on the map by scrolling the mouse. Pros and cons.
- Zillow.com, combo view. Good stats on houses
- Redfin.com, more properties in map view. Draw feature
- Movoto Real Estate, NO map view
- Owners.com Altisource has shut it down.
- Estately Real Estate Search
- Compass Real Estate – Homes
- Remax.com. Nice map view, doesn’t seem to be as thorough as redfin.
- Keller Williams, loads slowly, no map view
- BHG Real Estate Homes
- Century 21 Local, loads quickly, no map view
- ERA Real Estate
- USHUD Foreclosure Home Search
- StreetEasy NYC Rentals
- HAR Texas Real Estate
- HomeSpotter Real Estate, designed for lead generation for realtors
- Realty One app
- Homes for Sale, Rent app
- Millions Mapped Real Estate app
- GoMLS App
- Room8 Website is there only to tell you to download the app. Find a place and find a roommmate.
- RadPad – find apartments to rent
- LoopNet Commercial
- CoStar Commercial
- Idealista for real estate in Spain!
- PropertiesBook Real Estate real estate in Abu Dhabi
- Software for Property Information and Valuation
- Remine app. Not for the small budget
- Software for Prospecting
- Driving for Dollars Apps.
- Land Glide
- Road Warriors
- Driving for Dollars
- MileLogger – Mileage Tracker
- RealEstate Profinder
- HomeTrust Real Estate (off market properties)
- Deal Machine App
- REI Skip
- Deal Analyzers, including spreadsheets people sell
- DealCrunch Property Analyzer
- Syndicated Deal Analyzer, Mike Blank, http://www.syndicateddealanalyzer.com
- RehabValuator, Daniil Kleyman
- HouseFlippingSpreadsheet.com Dave Robertson
- Financial calculators
- Mortgage Calculator by QL
- Loan Calculator
- PowerOne FE
- Pinpoint Profits, connected investors
- Website templates
- Driving for Dollars Apps.
- Software for Management
- Construction Mgt.
- Contractor tools
- Fieldwire Construction Management
- Contractor Foreman
- Raken Construction Management
- Project Construction Estimator
- Magical Home Plans
- Estimation Software
- RECalc Mortgage Calculator
- Rehab property Calculator
- Mogul Real Estate Calculator
- Rehab Calculator
- Mastery App
- NYC Closing Estimator
- Google “construction estimator” for a bunch more
- Rental Mgt.
- Landlord Tycoon
- Landlordy Property Management
- RE Investing Business Mgt
- FreedomSoft (or similar)
- RE Brokerage
- Real Estate Exam for Dummies App
- Real Estate Exam Practice
- Real Estate Dictionary
- Real Estate Exam Prep
- Real Estate Pocket Prep
- Premiere Agen, RE CRM
- RPR Mobile (Realtors only)
- FlexMLS (Realtors only)
- Showing Time
- Supra eKey
- Arch Agent
- Sales Genie
- Sign In and Send PDF
- Construction Mgt.
- Data Sources
- Attom Data
- RP Data Pro
- Property Passbook
- Connected Investors, website and app
- Bigger Pockets
- RIS Media
- Trulia’s Blog
- RedFin blog
- Zillow PorchLight
- Geek Estate
- Property Cluster
- The Bigger Pockets
- 1000 Watt
- Lighter Side of Real Estate
- Epic Real Estate
- Home Warranties
- Power Site Blog
- FlippIt! – House Flipper
- Landlord Tycoon
- Real Estate Mogul
- Real Estate Tycoon Business
- Investing Sites
- Patch of Land
- Arbor Crowd
- Small Change
- Auction.com and app
- Hubzu.com and app
- HUD Home Store.com
- Ontario HiBid
- Miscellaneous Software and Apps
- RealEstate Templates for Pages
- Measuring devices
- Construction tools
- Key Hero
- Tech for the rehabbed house
- Smart Home stuff.
Bidding wars are taking a strange turn in the fall housing market
Confidence in housing weakens just as homes become more affordable
The top 10 best places to retire
SoftBank CEO ’embarrassed’ by results of his tech investments
Leaders in real estate technology predict the future of home buying
Your Questions: Send emails to email@example.com
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.” –Anonymous
Expected Air Date: Thursday 10/2/19