Imagine being a basketball fan. Now imagine growing up and BUYING your hometown’s NBA franchise.
Tilman Fertitta is the star of his own reality TV show “Billion Dollar Buyer” on CNBC, and sole owner of the NBA’s Houston Rockets, Golden Nugget Casinos, and 600 other properties under Fertitta Entertainment. He is a Houston Native, accomplished businessman, and recognized as a world leader in the dining hospitality, entertainment and gaming industries, and is often referred to as, “the world’s richest restaurateur.”
Fertitta owns more than 600 properties in 36 states and in over 15 countries. He is also one of the largest employers in the nation, with more than 60,000 employees. His restaurants include Mastro’s Steakhouse and Ocean Club, Morton’s Steakhouse, Vic & Anthony’s, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Dos Caminos, Joe’s Crab Shack, and more.
He’s joining us in just a few minutes to talk about his new book, “Shut Up and Listen: Hard Business Truths That will Help You Succeed” In the book he talks about what he did to turn a $6,000 business loan into a billion dollar empire. He’s joining us in just a few minutes.
There’s still time to pre-order “Fantastic Deals and Where to Find Them” on Amazon. You can put in bit.ly/RBfantasticdeals or just head over to amazon and search for the title. The paperback will be available possibly by the time you hear this and the kindle version will drop on Sep 30. I tell you how I get thousands of deals in my inbox every week. I don’t hold anything back — and it’s just $3.99. There’s nothing out there like it for the price. We have a piece on our home page about finding deals as well. You can check that out at RogerBlankenship.com. Just scroll to the bottom of the page.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Guest: Tilman Fertitta
- Turning things around when you fail
- The economy, and preparing for the cycle
- The characteristics of the entrepreneurial leader
WeWork CEO Adam Neumann steps down https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/wework-ceo-adam-neumann-is-expected-to-step-down-amid-controversy-and-retain-chair-role-wsj-reports.html
‘Hipsturbia’: It’s What All The Cool Suburbs Are Doing And It’s A 2020 Trend
Zillow Offers expands again, takes over top Texas markets
Home Offices Are Increasingly in Demand
Higher interest rates send weekly mortgage applications tanking 10% https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/higher-interest-rates-send-weekly-mortgage-applications-tanking-10percent.html
Your Questions: Send emails to email@example.com
- Patricia, Charlotte, NC, “What is the website where I can list my wholesale deal?”
- Julia, Port St. Lucie, FL “Have you considered selling the paper on your small houses? I’m interested in buying.”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “There are no spare customers.”
- Tilman Fertitta
Expected Air Date: Thursday 9/26/19
Guest: Tilman Fertitta