Expected Air Date: 4/4/19
Buying Foreclosures at the courthouse auction. Today I’m going to share with you the entire process of buying at the foreclosure auction. I will cover all of the major steps from finding, analyzing, bidding, and what to do after you win the bid. All this and more coming up.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Hey would you buy me lunch just so you could pick my brain? 32 cents per day. For less than the price of that lunch, just $9.67 per month, you can have a whole month’s worth of my brain pickings by joining the Premium membership. Just go to flippingamericanetwork.com and click on the FAN. On this show I keep a pretty narrow focus on real estate and small business development. But if you subscribe to my FAN premium blog you’ll find out what I think about a wide variety of topics. I will do my best to give you a $10 or $100 idea with every post and I WILL be talking about real estate, but I’m going to weigh in on some other topics as well. Which topics? Whatever interests me. And I have a wide range of interests.
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Not a question but more of a sneer: Don’t you feel great preying on other people’s problems?
- Warren, Duluth, GA, “How can I get a list of foreclosures in Georgia?”
- Peter, Tampa, FL, “What are the financial arrangements for buying at the foreclosure auction? How much money do I need to bring?”
- Connie, Decatur, GA “The ad says cash or certified funds. I guess that means official checks, but if I don’t know how much I’m going to bid, how do I know how much to make out the check for?”
- Demetrius, Macon, GA “What type of Deed will I receive? Will it be free and clear?”
- Presley, Milwaukee, WI, “From a list of more than a hundred properties being sold — and I can’t believe it’s so many — how do you begin to sort it all out to decide what to buy? Do you look at all of them?”
- Collette, Douglasville, GA “How do you get into the houses to see what kind of work they will need? I’ve driven by a few and it looks like people are still living in them.”
- Earl, Hoover, AL “What is the right of redemption? It sounds like a reason I would NOT want to buy at the courthouse steps but perhaps I am misunderstanding.”
- Cynandra, East Point, GA “If I buy a house and people are still living there, what do I do with them?”
- Cash for keys
- Sell back to them for better deal?
- Jennifer, John’s Creek, GA “I just heard that it takes 30-60 days to get the deed from the foreclosing attorney. What is my legal status in the property during this waiting period and what can I do with it?”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Security Is Mostly A Superstition. Life Is Either A Daring Adventure Or Nothing.” – Life Quote By Helen Keller