Expected Air Date: 3/16/19
We have news – we have listener questions. This show has it all!
Coming up today, Hippie decor is back! And someone just paid a record $238 million for a condo – the most expensive home ever bought in America – and it broke the previous record by $100 million. I wonder if he will have avocado green appliances and rattan furniture? We have news, we have data, we have trends, we talk about style (don’t claim to “have” style), we have methods, and we have answers to your questions. Keep sending them to questions at flippingamericanetwork.com for now.
We also have some new website lineups for you.
Follow what’s going on: RogerBlankenship.com
The FAN – FlippingAmericaNetwork.com
The Show – FlippingAmerica.us
The Fund – DTinvestmentfunds.com
Deals, Money, Methods.
Just came out of another sold out weekend with FlipStarter. Exciting stuff. Feedback very strong.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Hey would you buy me lunch just so you could pick my brain? 32 cents per day. For less than the price of that lunch, just $9.67 per month, you can have a whole month’s worth of my brain pickings by joining the Premium membership. Just go to flippingamericanetwork.com and click on the FAN. On this show I keep a pretty narrow focus on real estate and small business development. But if you subscribe to my FAN premium blog you’ll find out what I think about a wide variety of topics. I will do my best to give you a $10 or $100 idea with every post and I WILL be talking about real estate, but I’m going to weigh in on some other topics as well. Which topics? Whatever interests me. And I have a wide range of interests. .
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $10. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 6% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 20%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
- Annalee, Tampa, FL, “How do I find my first deal? I just want to wholesale something.”
- Get 250 cards
- Get rid of those cards
- Get a list of foreclosures.
- Knock on doors and ask people to sell you their house
- Check all the FSBO sites, For Sale By Owner, Buy Owner.com, etc. Craigslist,
- Befriend a realtor, tell her you are looking for distressed properties / situations.
- Tell everyone you know and everyone you meet you need a house.
- Hudhomestore.com. Make offers (with your Realtor’s help).
- Social Media
- Networking (not with real estate groups)
- Beverly, Villages of Ocala, FL, “Please explain the 1% rule for rental houses and why that is a good thing.”
- Austin, Dallas, TX, “When are you bringing FlipStarter to Texas?”
- Sammy, Milwaukee, WI, “Who is going to win the NCAA Tournament? Just kidding, I have a possible deal, but I need help making sure it’s a good one. I need local advice, but I am afraid that if I show someone local they will just go and do the deal without me. I don’t have it under contract or anything. It’s my uncle’s house. He passed away and now my cousin is selling it. Suggestions?”
- Joe, Little Rock, Arkansas, “I want to be in real estate, but I don’t want to do house flipping. I just want to put money into something safe with decent returns. What do you suggest?”
- Brad, Elizabethtown, KY, “What can I do to find more consistent deal flow. This is a small town, but I want to do this full-time.”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Obsessing over details like your logo or business card is just a form of procrastination. Your business needs deals MUCH more than it needs a logo.” —Roger Blankenship