Expected Air Date: 3/14/19
On Tuesday afternoon March 12, 2019, the real estate investing world changed. It was the birth of a project two years in the making. It arrived with barely a whisper but in the coming months and years, the impact of this service will profoundly affect the way buyers and sellers of investment properties will do business. Ladies and gentlemen I give you the Flipping America Network – the FAN!
From the first Flipping America show two years ago we dreamed of providing for the needs of real estate investors nationwide. As we thought about those needs it came down to three things: Deals, Money, and Methods. So we proceeded to bring you the previous 232 shows focusing on Deals, Money, and Methods, with a little inspiration and business how-to sprinkled in.
I started in this business in 2002 and from the day I started until now the biggest challenge has almost always been finding that next deal. I say almost because there was a time in 2008-2010 where there were more opportunities than I had the money and capacity to deliver on. But for the most part it’s always been about finding that next deal to do. So when we launched this show one of the things we started working on behind the scenes was a way to provide for deal flow for our listeners, friends, and fellow investors. The vision was to create an online marketplace where sellers and buyers could meet and do business. I envisioned a kind of multiple listing service for investors.
- Advertise your assignable contracts with pictures of the home
- Don’t waste your time fiddling with mailing programs and buyers’ lists.
- Focus on your next deal rather than your selling infrastructure.
- Find your next flip or rental here.
- Select up to 25 zip codes of interest (not sure of the maximum number)
- Reserve 48 hour exclusive access to the ZIP code(s) of your choice.
- Have an unwanted house?
- Facing foreclosure?
- Transfer? Inheritance? Other life events leading you to sell the property?
- Post your home here for free. You will get an offer – perhaps several!
The FAN is here! FlippingAmericaNetwork.com.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- My website is rogerblankenship.com.
- Hey would you buy me lunch just so you could pick my brain? 32 cents per day. For less than the price of that lunch, just $9.67 per month, you can have a whole month’s worth of my brain pickings by joining the Premium membership. Just go to flippingamericanetwork.com and click on the FAN. On this show I keep a pretty narrow focus on real estate and small business development. But if you subscribe to my FAN premium blog you’ll find out what I think about a wide variety of topics. I will do my best to give you a $10 or $100 idea with every post and I WILL be talking about real estate, but I’m going to weigh in on some other topics as well. Which topics? Whatever interests me. And I have a wide range of interests.
- March 16-17, FlipStarter, www.flipstarterevent.com.
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $10. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 6% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 20%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Topic: The FAN
Talk about wholesalers and what they do.
Talk about rehabbers — the deals come to you. Reserve a ZIP code.
- “What does it cost to create a profile on the FAN?”
- What are the technology fees?
- I heard you can reserve a zip code. Tell me how that works.
- I inherited a house from a cousin who had no children. It’s 800 miles away. I have no desire to do anything with it, other than sell it. I listed it with a realtor but it needs a lot of work and the listing expired. Can I put this property in the FAN?
- Do you get to see the actual property address for what is being sold?
- Will I be able to speak with the seller or wholesaler and ask questions?
- If I list my property on the FAN but still blast it out to my list and sell to someone on my list, do I still have to pay a technology fee?
- We pay the technology fee at the time we enter into a contract. What if it doesn’t close?
- Why do I have to provide a copy of my drivers license photo?
- What are you doing to prevent daisy-chain listings?
- Your site says “no dummy listings”. What is a dummy listing? How do you prevent them?
- Do we do the closings virtually through the FAN or go to a settlement agent and do a regular closing?
- What is a FAN Provider?
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Don’t take the road less traveled. Don’t take the road more traveled. Find people you want to be like and take the road they took.” —Roger Blankenship