Expected Air Date: 03/10/18
Hello everyone. I am Roger Blankenship and I teach people how to make money in Real Estate. We bring you news, trends, markets, and we feature people who are getting it done in this industry. This show was recorded on Thursday night in front of a live audience at our local meetup group, Flipping Atlanta!
In just a few moments I’m going to interview Ramon Tookes, the legendary investor and the driving force behind the Flipology series of real estate training. If you’re listening to this on Saturday, you’re missing Flipology in Atlanta this weekend, but that’s ok. It’s coming up again in Houston, TX April 21-22. We’re going to tell you in a moment how you can sign up for that.
How to Reach us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- My upcoming speaking engagements:
- March 14, Atlanta REIA South
- April 5, Chattanooga REIA
- April 7, FlipStarter, Chattanooga
- April 9, Savannah REIA
- April 14, FlipStarter Savannah
- April 21, FlipStarter Atlanta
- Details on the website and at FlipStarterEvent.com
- Ramon Tookes
Questions@flippingamericaradio.com Tell us where you’re from!
- Ellen, Milwaukee, WI. “My husband and I just sold our home to downsize and we are trying to figure out what to do with the money — over $200,000. He’s semi-retired, bored, and handy. We’ve thought about flipping some houses. What advice would you give us?”
- Kandra, Las Vegas, NV “I recently attended a seminar here put on by [a TV personality]. I felt like it was just a sales pitch for a $20,000 course. But I was here for a course and really didn’t learn anything. I’m concerned that if I paid the $20,000 I might not learn anything there either. And I don’t have $20,000 anyway. So I didn’t do it. But I’m back to square one. I really want to learn this business! I don’t have any money and my credit has a few dings. Is there any hope for me?”
- D’Wayne, Louisville, KY “How do you decide whether you are going to fix and property and flip it, fix it and keep it, or just wholesale it? I figure there must be a way to figure out the best thing to do with a property. I have a deal under contract for 72,000. It needs updating and paint and carpet. I think I’ll get $150,000 for it if I flip it. Or I could rent it out for $900 per month. But another investor just offered me $10,000 for my contract. What would you do?
- Roberto, Long Beach, CA “What do you think the long term consequences for real estate will be in those areas hit by hurricanes. And do you think we will have a similar impact here in California because of all the wildfires?”
- James, Lancaster, PA “I’ve been researching various REITs and crowdfunding platforms. REITs seem like less involvement from me, which I prefer, but the returns I’m seeing are at best around 6%. With crowdfunding I can get closer to 10% on my money but I have to be a bit more involved. While I’m thinking about it, do you have other options you would recommend?”