Three years ago he was a Management Consultant who wanted to get involved in real estate investing. Two and half years ago he dove in, and now he’s already done 100+ deals and not one of them in the town where he lives. His name is Steven Pesavento and we are going to tell his incredible story today. Stay tuned to find out how he did it and how he’s doing it.
Just to prove that Americans do not have a monopoly on stupid ideas, rent controls may be coming to London. I’ll have that story.
Also, if you are investing in real estate with an eye to the future and you believe global warming is a thing, I’m going to tell you the top TEN cities where you need to buy up everything a few miles inland so your children can eventually enjoy owning coastal property.
And are you ready for this? Amazon is getting into the real estate business. Watch out Zillow!
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
Guest: Steven Pesavento
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
- Rent controls in London! https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/19/mayor-of-london-sadiq-khan-wants-rent-controls-in-london.html
- https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/18/10-cities-could-lose-34-billion-plus-in-housing-to-floods-by-2050.html I’m just kidding about buying inland. We’ve proven we know how to live in cities built below sea level. Or at sea level. If and when it happens we will figure it out.
- Baku, Azerbaijan
- New Orleans
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- But think about this – What if global warming causes there to be enough water to re-irrigate the Sahara desert? It might not be all bad, gloom and doom.
Your Questions: Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alana, Phoenix, AZ, “I have a property under contract and with three days to go until closing my seller notified me that they are cancelling the agreement and going with another offer. Can they do that?”
- Alison, Milwaukee, WI, “What do you look for in a Property Management company?”
- Character and reputation
- Not necessarily the lowest fees, but not more than 10% either.
- Do they have in-house repair crew? (that’s a no-go)
- Will they give me the option to make repairs with my crew? (ok then)
- What is their reporting procedure?
- How do they handle late payments?
- What happens when they evict?
- They handle the eviction.
- If in the first 12 months, do they offer a break or discount on placement fee of new tenant? (kind of important)
- We have sent you our free guide to hiring Property Management.
- Garrett, Boulder, CO, “I think my property is priced correctly but it’s not showing. What could I be doing to market it better?”
- Utembe, Minneapolis, MN, “Can you put me on your VIP buyers’ list for the inexpensive houses?” (I need you to go to bit.ly/inexpensivehomes and click the link there. That will put you on the list.)
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.” – Henry Ford
Expected Air Date: