There is probably nothing I can say about thankfulness or thanksgiving that hasn’t already been said and probably more eloquently put. But like love, your thankfulness is something you can continually give away and never run out of. It’s never too often and usually never too late to think about thanking someone.
For you parents out there, if you can imagine how it warms your heart when your children genuinely thank you for all that you do for them, you have a glimpse of how God must feel we we take time to express our gratitude. And although this show is no more religious than it is political, both topics are an important part of our lives and are destined to come up from time to time. So I just want to ask you right now to think about how often you pray. How many times per week? What percentage of those times when you pray do you ask God for something? 100% or close to it? The alternative is just sitting in His presence in gratitude, worship, or just with a listening heart?
Part of my challenge for you today is to focus for a few days on thankfulness. If you pray, try praying without asking for anything (“bless this food” is still asking for something). If you don’t pray, it could be something you want to try. But even then, there is someone in your life you could be thanking for something. Think about them. Then Thank them. Even if you have before. We are going to talk more about thankfulness and actually join with some of the members of the Flipping America REIA in giving thanks in just a few minutes, but first I want to get to a backlog of your questions.
How to contact us
www.RogerBlankenship.com. Leave a voicemail right from the home page!
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 877-55-ROGER (877-557-6437) ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Flipping America Funding : Get the money you need for your business, for your training, for infrastructure, and for your projects. Flipping America Funding is your one-stop shop for all of your business funding needs. FlippingAmericaFunding.com.
- FlipStarter November 2021 is sold out. But we’ve already scheduled it again for January.
- Learn how to Find, Fund, Fix and Flip houses
- Four weeks of video instruction (2 hour sessions)
- Four weeks of group coaching
- You’ll get my book, “Fantastic Deals and Where to Find Them”, the exact procedure I used to get 10,000 deals per week in my inbox.
- You’ll get my book, “How to Put Skin in the Game When You Are Running Out of Skin”, my little book on how to do deals – even big rehabs – with none of your own money.
- You’ll get my book, “Stop Being Poor” which describes the poverty mindset and suggests a way out.
- Includes online courses, ($800 value)
- REI QuickStart – 15 lessons to have you making offers in 2 weeks.
- REI By the Numbers – All of the formulas I use for deal analysis, project tracking, and ROI calculations.
- Find Your Fit in REI
- Create the Life of Your Dreams
- Purchase and Sale Agreements for your offers
- Contractor Docs, my package of eleven documents that describe policy and procedures for working with contractors, including the actual Construction Agreement I use. I paid a lawyer thousands to create this bullet-proof agreement and I’ll include it.
- How to manage the rehab process
- How to make $5000 in the next 30 days
- “Double Your Investment” guarantee. Although it’s a 30 day program, you stay on the coaching calls until you have at least doubled your investment in this training.
- Money back guarantee. If at any time you believe this isn’t the thing for you, notify us and you can drop out and get a refund for remaining sessions
- Your investment: $997.67. Or pay three installments of $350.
- Early Bird Discount: Register before December 1st and save $200.
- 100,000 people want this – we only have 100 seats.
News and Resources:
- Giving thanks during a pandemic: ‘We learn to appreciate things when we lose them https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2021/11/22/thanksgiving-pandemic-era-gratitude/8658809002/
- A Spirit of Gratitude Is Healthy for Society https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/22/opinion/gratitude-thanksgiving-economics.html
Mindset Moment: Two minutes to change your life.
Begin every day for the next 30 days with two solid minutes of thankfulness and gratitude. Don’t ask for anything, don’t allow your brain to wander into goals, or needs or wants. Think about what you have, your situation, the people in your life, and focus on the things for which you are thankful. 2 minutes. Just 2 minutes per day for the next 30 days.
And then perhaps continue on. You do a LOT of things for 2 minutes you don’t really need to do. Why not spend 2 on something that can bring you genuine joy.
Questions from Listeners:
- Carson, Plano, TX “What are a few pros and cons of out-of-state investing?”
- Hank, Portland, OR, “Glad I found your show. I’ve enjoyed listening. I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times, but I would like to know your opinion on the best way to get started in this business.
- Becca, Milwaukee, WI “I’m looking at a deal that just by the numbers looks like a good deal. But when I look at the house it just doesn’t feel right. My boyfriend tells me I should trust the numbers but my realtor kind of agrees with me – it’s just an ugly house situated on a weird lot. Am I missing an opportunity if I say no to this?
- Sandy, Chattanooga TN, “I have an opportunity to buy a rental house in a gentrifying neighborhood just south of downtown. Although it’s improving, the schools there are still terrible and crime is high. The house would yield 2% per month in rents. But I’m hesitant. Can you help me think about this?”
- Roy, Baltimore, MD, “My partner and I have been offered six row houses – the entire block for $5,000. They are all vacant and need a lot of work, and I know there are a lot of vacant homes around. But if we controlled the entire block, it seems like we shouldn’t pass it up. Our plan would be to fix them and rent them out until the neighborhood comes back, then sell. Your thoughts?”
- Gary, Harrisburg, PA, “I was driving to Philly the other day and was surfing radio stations until I came across your show. Interesting stuff. I’ve been thinking about buying some rentals for side income. Can you give me some pointers on how to find something good in Harrisburg?
- Jackie, Villages of Ocala, “My husband and I own 25 rental properties back in Michigan where we are from. We are thinking of selling them and using the money to buy similar inventory here in Florida. There’s no income tax here and we think we would do better. But although we live here now, we are new here and not that familiar with property in Florida. It’s hard to give up something that works for something that might work a little better. We’d like you to weigh in.”
- Lupe, Boulder, CO, “I heard you mention that you love working with Realtors. Please explain why. It seems like they get paid a lot for doing nothing. I mean, it’s not that hard to list a property.”
- Bernita, Macon, GA, “Is there any way to tell whether or not you need a new roof without getting up on it? I don’t want to climb on a roof.”
Quote of the Day
“Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” — Maya Angelou
“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” — Voltaire
“When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.” — Tecumseh
“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” — Epictetus
“Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” — Rumi
“We are all more blind to what we have than to what we have not.” — Audre Lorde
“‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” — Alice Walker
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
Expected Air Date: Thurs 11/25/2021