I hear it everywhere I go, like the constant drumbeat of the real estate Chicken Littles: “The Sky is Falling! The Real Estate market is going to crash again. And it’s going to happen soon! The logic seems to be that real estate must be cyclical and we must have a major market shake up every ten years or so. That means it’s time. We are going to talk about this today and for an informed an credible opinion, I reached out to Logan Mohtashami. He is the Senior Loan Manager at AMC Lending Group, a mortgage company in the Los Angeles area. But more than a lender, Logan’s career-long passion is studying the financial and housing markets. He has been tracking these markets for two decades, has seen good times and bad times, analyzed the data, run the numbers, and he is staying up to the minute on the developments. If there is anyone out there who is completely credible and qualified to speak on this subject, it is Logan Mohtashami. And in a few minutes, he is going to lower the boom with his answer.
How to contact us
www.RogerBlankenship.com. Leave a voicemail right from the home page!
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
American IRA: www.americanIRA.com
Civic Financial: bit.ly/CivicFunding
Real Estate Investing QuickStart
- The Flipping America REIA meets every Wednesday from noon to 2 and Thursday from 7-9. You can join the REIA and learn real estate investing from the comfort of your own home, or get together with a few friends and form a chapter in your area. Learn more at flippingamericareia.com.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- FlipCalcs allows you to enter one data set about a property and consider up to six deal ppossibilities.
- “Real Estate Investing Quick Start” Fifteen lessons to start your real estate investing career. Study from the comfort of your own home. I give you 8 action assignments in lesson 1 and show you how to complete them while holding your feet to the fire over the next 15 lessons. bit.ly/requickstart.
- From 2018. Still no bubble… https://www.aei.org/articles/the-government-creates-another-housing-bubble/?gclid=CjwKCAiAj-_xBRBjEiwAmRbqYojfY-XW5JqUnFe8cnBp5DI3CPx7HuJGKT6ByoQsa8qB5Zj8aeEODBoCPDUQAvD_BwE
- Definition of a Bubble https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate_bubble
- The Click Bait Headlines Write Themselves. Ten indications of a real estate crash. #9 will crack you up… https://www.thebalance.com/is-the-real-estate-market-going-to-crash-4153139
- And now, the worst piece of FAKE news pretending to be credible we have seen while doing this show: https://www.ccn.com/us-housing-market-bubble-could-burst-in-2020/
- He said “Nope” to 2019 and he was correct. https://www.metroatlantahome.com/blog/housing-bubble-real-estate-crash-2019/
- 2024? https://www.keepingcurrentmatters.com/2018/03/08/a-new-housing-bubble-formingnot-before-2024/?gclid=CjwKCAiAj-_xBRBjEiwAmRbqYn1bgv37o6qBS29XZYlT8yygrm_jdv2fRARtoCX1qCDqtmoXCR4kNxoC4I0QAvD_BwE
- Is Bernie Sanders a moron or just a liar? https://www.wsj.com/articles/rentals-everywhere-but-no-place-to-live-11580948368?mod=MorningEditorialReport&mod=djemMER_h
Topic: The Real Estate Bubble
https://loganmohtashami.com/ Check out this site for a TON of financial data and information – brought to you with a sense of humor.
Show Number 227 “Are We In A Bubble” that aired on Feb 9, 2019.
- Keishann, Atlanta, GA “I’m looking at a duplex in Riverdale. Each side rents for $750/month. The seller is asking $150,000 for the property but it needs some work and the comps in the area are around $100-120,000. Do you think I should move the tenants out, fix the place up and re-rent?
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.”
- -Theodore Roosevelt
Tags: real estate, real estate investing, real estate investments, real estate education, flipping houses, Roger Blankenship, Flipping America, real estate bubble, housing crash,
Expected Air Date: Mon 2/3/2020
Guest: Logan Mohtashami