Attention America, there is a NEW way to buy a house without a mortgage. It’s called FLEQ. We are working on getting someone from the company on the show, but I’m going to explain this unique approach to home ownership as best I can in a few minutes. Plus we have some real estate news for you today! FICO has changed the rules for credit scoring and don’t you just love that? And we have grouped several of your questions today that ask about other investment targets such as stocks.
How to contact us
www.RogerBlankenship.com. Leave a voicemail right from the home page!
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
American IRA: www.americanIRA.com
Civic Financial: bit.ly/CivicFunding
- The Flipping America REIA meets every Wednesday from noon to 2 and Thursday from 7-9. You can join the REIA and learn real estate investing from the comfort of your own home, or get together with a few friends and form a chapter in your area. Learn more at flippingamericareia.com.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- FlipCalcs allows you to enter one data set about a property and consider up to six deal ppossibilities.
- “Real Estate Investing Quick Start” Fifteen lessons to start your real estate investing career. Study from the comfort of your own home. I give you 8 action assignments in lesson 1 and show you how to complete them while holding your feet to the fire over the next 15 lessons. bit.ly/requickstart.
- The new FICO rules shouldn’t affect most mortgage applications in 2020. Car loans and credit cards. https://www.housingwire.com/articles/ficos-scoring-tweaks-wont-impact-most-mortgages/?utm_campaign=Newsletter%20-%20HousingWire%20Daily&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=82413990&_hsenc=p2ANqtz–W0CZXyKhJi4V0kyY-zbHZ_zcX3veyEf3A0dJwwUwrLZlMmXU7JMyXG183MCP-0nfVYqhls5eZIKaLPOFQRoa9q_CjnzWRi1uAdiiCWv_dSRXpcCE&_hsmi=82413990
- FICO is broken https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/27/american-consumer-credit-rating-system-is-broken.html
- Diversity Required for Goldman Sachs IPO backing. https://www.housingwire.com/articles/goldman-sachs-no-go-for-ipos-if-all-bros/?utm_campaign=Newsletter%20-%20HousingWire%20Daily&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=82376728&_hsenc=p2ANqtz–xz68zlKWLLS7WB0Di8v-PEI6b3GsGXPd_m2CAYsIu9N56HKt_yG6t4ttHoOfMEJoKhJUI50Trtyl7YJF6NjkHQhfcposRkAT5r7PPCCzCz55yu_0&_hsmi=82376728
- Top Four Characteristics of Rental Houses https://www.rentometer.com/articles/characteristics-of-the-best-rental-properties-for-beginners?utm_medium=email&utm_source=mailchimp&utm_campaign=non-sub-unconfirmed-email&utm_term=012420&utm_content=icymi&utm_source=RoM+Production&utm_campaign=d93223e608-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_23_08_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bf925df239-d93223e608-104525881
- Make sure you speak with your tax advisor about these tax breaks for landlords. https://www.rentometer.com/articles/8-tax-deductible-expenses-landlords-need-to-track?utm_medium=email&utm_source=mailchimp&utm_campaign=non-sub-unconfirmed-email&utm_term=012420&utm_content=icymi&utm_source=RoM+Production&utm_campaign=d93223e608-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_23_08_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bf925df239-d93223e608-104525881
- Home seller profit hits a new high in 2019. https://www.attomdata.com/news/market-trends/home-sales-prices/attom-data-solutions-year-end-2019-u-s-home-sales-report/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SEO-News+Updates
- Foreclosures at a 15 year low. https://www.attomdata.com/news/market-trends/foreclosures/attom-data-solutions-2019-year-end-u-s-foreclosure-market-report/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SEO-News+Updates
- Here comes a new home purchase business model: FLEQ. https://www.housingwire.com/articles/startup-plans-to-allow-consumers-to-purchase-homes-without-a-mortgage/ and https://www.housingwire.com/articles/heres-how-to-use-fleq-to-buy-a-home-without-a-mortgage/?utm_campaign=Newsletter%20-%20HousingWire%20Daily&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=82197463&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8947O3xHP1jmNVXaOgQEVeRislSnuyyDPATD2rUenALO_GQDikEc0Zba6IjXfWb9MKCamU3zRGmFvhIc9TmA2yJfQWQqq7WbFxjfUEiIgw7bENeg8&_hsmi=82197463
- Renovation Mistakes https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/mortgages/renovations-decrease-home-value/
- Fed to cut rates in 2020? https://www.housingwire.com/articles/ubs-fed-may-cut-rate-three-times-in-2020/?utm_campaign=Newsletter%20-%20HousingWire%20Daily&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=81986960&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_D9riLIllfv13TYG8O4jR9S6BlGM_E0J_onW2KFXSoX_N20Q0yUzz-6yZdvEOHSHm1zFOihhkHH1nfAHUA-fbZl6UCKPUB71SnwRB9lMQfNVbtr6Y&_hsmi=81986960
- Debbie, Las Vegas, NV, “The stock market gained 29% last year. Why would I invest in real estate?”
- Carolyn, Rupert, Idaho, “What do you mean when you say ‘balanced investment portfolio’?”
- Jacob, Madison, WI, “How do your political views affect your investing decisions?”
- Connie, Greenville, SC, “Are the tariffs hurting real estate investors? If so, how?”
- William, Brooklyn, NY, “I get real estate and stock market shows. Why does no one do a show on commodities investing?”
- Arthur, Indianapolis, IN, “Would you explain the difference between CAP rate and cash on cash return?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “The sooner you learn that life is not fair, the better off you’ll be, because you’ll spend less time railing against life’s unfairness and feeling aggrieved and entitled, and more time figuring out how to maximize your assets, and your talents and how to deal with things that you’re not very good at. – Condoleeza Rice
Expected Air Date: 1/22/20