Larry Goins is back on the show today.
Larry has been investing in real estate for over 30 years. Previously, Larry served as president of the Metrolina Real Estate Investors Association in Charlotte NC, a not-for-profit organization that has over 350 members and is the local chapter of the National Real Estate Investors Association.
Larry is an active real estate investor and travels throughout the United States speaking and training audiences at conventions, expos, and Real Estate Investment Associations on his strategies for buying and selling houses.
Larry has also written several books on real estate investing that are available wherever books are sold. Larry and Kandas are also the host of the BRAG Radio Network. BRAG is all about investing in real estate to Be Rich And Generous. Larry also has a podcast on real estate investing Brain Pick a Pro, where he interviews experts from real estate and give his own expert advice.
Between speaking engagements and mentoring other investors, Larry oversees the daily operations of his investing business that wholesales properties, seller finances properties and holds properties for investment.
On a personal note, Larry and his wife, Pam, have two children, Linda and Noah. He also has a granddaughter, Ember and grandson Keegan. They are a member of New River Community Church in Lake Wylie, SC. As a husband, father, businessman, and real estate investor, Larry holds true to his core values and moral integrity.
His personal and business motto is, “People and principles before profits.”
There’s still time to pre-order “Fantastic Deals and Where to Find Them” on Amazon. You can put in bit.ly/RBfantasticdeals or just head over to amazon and search for the title. The paperback will be available possibly by the time you hear this and the kindle version will drop on Sep 30. I tell you how I get thousands of deals in my inbox every week. I don’t hold anything back — and it’s just $3.99. There’s nothing out there like it for the price. We have a piece on our home page about finding deals as well. You can check that out at RogerBlankenship.com. Just scroll to the bottom of the page.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Guests: Larry Goins
- It’s much easier to find a house for a buyer than it is to find a buyer for a house.
- Even if. You have a buyer, advertise it every which way, you’ll pick up buyers for the next properties.
- Filthy riches, what I’m doing with the small houses.
- If the property is fit and safe, (except TX) do a lease option.
- If it’s not fit and safe (needs repairs), use a Land Contract. Every state except Texas. Sell it with mortgage or deed of trust.
- It’s not just about the infomation – it’s the application.
- T Boone Pickens: Ready Fire Aim.
- 877 LARRY GO. or 877-527-7946
- Want a free copy of the books and investors kit.
- Need a realtor NAID to bid on every property in the state. They work the account, put in bids. Responses could be: Nothing, Counter, Accept.
- Look for the properties that are mispriced. Or perhaps the info is off, 1900 rather than 900. Anomalies in the listings.
- Extended listings. Uninsurable, 90 days or more. 20% of list.
- Loves ZILLOW. MLS properties, some FSBO. HUD Bank-owned. Etc.
- Use it for comps.
- WeWork is in a bit of trouble. Board is calling for Adam Neuman’s head.
- National Trends: https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinefeeney/2019/07/01/halfway-into-2019-how-is-the-housing-market-holding-up/#417976563ec5
- Prices are still rising, just at a more moderate rate. (check)
- Mortgage rates drop. (missed that one)
- There are supply problems as new housing starts are off (check)
- Coastal regions are flat or declining in price (check)
- Rest of the year?
- Experts are optimistic because young adults will buy homes
- They see the slow-down as a short term unavoidable correction
- If new home construction can start in earnest next year will be good for the housing industry.
Your Questions: Send emails to email@example.com
- Ashraf, Marietta, GA “How do you get repairs done on the houses you own around the country?”
- Ashley, Boulder, CO “Do you ever get tired of talking about real estate?”
- Liz, Santa Fe NM, “Our flip property has a grass lawn that looks just terrible and seems out of touch with our area anyway. Any suggestions on how to fix the yard up?”
- Patricia, Charlotte, NC, “What is the website where I can list my wholesale deal?”
- Julia, Port St. Lucie, FL “Have you considered selling the paper on your small houses? I’m interested in buying.”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “You know all those things you’ve always wanted to do? You should go do them.”
- EJ Lamprey
Expected Air Date: Thursday 9/26/19
Guest: Larry Goins