I read a lot of books. I read a lot of books about real estate. One of the best books I have EVER read about real estate investing is “Crushing it in Apartments and Commercial Real Estate” by Brian Murray.
Brian started Washington St. Properties in 2007 when he acquired his first investment property. Without raising any outside capital, Brian bootstrapped his way from newbie investor to the owner of a nationally recognized real estate investment and property management firm. In 2014, Washington Street Properties won a Good Stevie Award for Real Estate Company of the Year.
Washington Street Properties has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies for the past three years in a row. The company’s success has been achieved through a value-add approach, focusing on the renovation and turnaround of underperforming, strategically located properties.
With a focus on core values of integrity, excellence, value, and innovation, Washington Street properties owns and operates a large portfolio of assets in Upstate New York, including apartments, office buildings, retail centers, storage, parking, and mixed-use properties.
In addition to his endeavors in real estate, Brian Murray has worked as a professor, technology executive, management consultant and engineer. His media appearances include interviews on CNN, PBS, and CBS MarketWatch. Brian has been quoted by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and dozens of other major newspapers around the world.
Write down the title, even if you don’t plan to invest in commercial real estate, and go get this book now. You will be glad you did. And the lessons you will learn will apply to other types of real estate and business practice as well. You will thank me when you’ve finished reading this book.
Brian is joining us in just a few minutes
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
Guest: Brian Murray
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
- Housing Market Check-In: 6 Expert Predictions For The Second Half Of 2019 https://www.forbes.com/sites/alyyale/2019/07/08/housing-market-check-in-6-expert-predictions-for-the-second-half-of-2019/#4b4857cd18ba
- Is Real Estate Crowdfunding a Good Investment
- 10 Big-Deal Real Estate IPOs:
- Weekly mortgage applications decline amid economic uncertainty https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/08/28/mortgage-applications-mini-refinance-boom-squawk-box.html
- Mini refinance boom goes bust, as mortgage rates turn higher https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/28/mini-refinance-boom-goes-bust-as-mortgage-rates-turn-higher.html
Your Questions: Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ariel, Atlanta, GA “I’m getting conflicting advice about using a Realtor to help me find properties. I’m just getting started out in wholesaling. What are your thoughts on this?”
- Cordinia, Macon, GA “Can you suggest some free ways to find possible deals?”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “As a young man I was scornful about the supernatural but as I have got older, the sharp line that divided the credible from the incredible has tended to blur; I am aware that the whole world is slightly incredible” -Colin Wilson
Expected Air Date: Sep 9, 2019