A little over a year ago while going through the mix of show research I came across a story from a small local newspaper called the Flathead Beacon. My first thought was flathead as in the engine. My next thought was “fathead” which was an insult my brothers and I used to trade. But this must be a geographic area with which I was not familiar. So I clicked the link and introduced myself to a section of the great northwest I had not previously known and Kalispell, Montana, population 22,000.
The newspaper has a regular real estate column providing us with stats on local sales and the area market. It’s well researched and well written and I noticed that the author was not only a realtor but also a real estate researcher. So I decided to include a check-in on Kalispell as one way of keeping my finger on the pulse of the real estate market around the US. Then sometime last year Mr. Dews published an article, which I referenced on the show, showing a statistical link between the placement of various numerals in the pricing of a property correlated to how well the property sold – how quickly and how close to listing price. I was fascinated by the premise and as I read the article it became clear to me that this guy – Richard Dews – was incredibly nerdy, extremely thorough, and has a dry sense of humor. At least I believed the article was meant to be taken as humorous. I told my team, “we need to get this guy on the show sometime” not quite really meaning it. But in the past few months as I continue to monitor the Beacon I decided we really do need him on the show. A little research and a conversation with a somewhat disbelieving Richard Dews and here we are.
Richard has done a lot of things in his career, much of it having to do with technology. I’m going to let him tell you his story in a few minutes. He is now the CEO of Glacier Flathead Real Estate, a Flathead-based real estate software and services company. His latest story tells us which day of the week most properties go under contract (hint: it’s not Friday, but you wish it were Saturday).
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
Guest: Richard Dews
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Your Questions: Send emails to email@example.com
- Paul, Minneaoplis, MN “Can you connect me with a funding source to develop a subdivision?”
- Suzanne, Boulder, CO “Do you know any apartment lenders?”
- Isabelle, Tampa, FL “I’m looking for funding for a mixed use project that would include office, maker space, and residential. Do you know any potential funding partners?”
- Joseph, Long Beach, CA “I have a number of apartment building projects around the country that I need funds for. Are you interested?”
- Eva, Washington DC, “I just heard your show for the first time. You say that the DC market is hot and I believe you, but this is a large area that spreads across a couple of states. Can you be more specific about the hot areas? http://bit.ly/getprivyprogram
- Sanders, Indianapolis, IN, “Can you help with my analysis of an apartment complex?”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “A thousand candles can be lit from the light of one candle and life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness will never be decreased by being shared.” – Buddha
Expected Air Date: 8/5/19