Today we are talking Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in our Market Focus. Coming up we are going to zero in on the Pittsburgh market and I talk to four of the movers and shakers getting it done in Steel City USA. The economy is roaring, the real estate market is hot, home prices are up and continue to increase, everything is looking rosy in Pittsburg. If you have the Flipping America app, you’ll have access to all of our research, but rather than hear me read you the research, let’s talk to the actual people.
Here we go, Alex!
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Please always tell us where you are from. We like to know where the show is being heard. And let us know how you found out about us if you don’t mind.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $100. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 8% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 16%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Topic: PIttsburgh, PA
There are currently 1,451 properties in Pittsburgh, PA that are in some stage of foreclosure (default, auction or bank owned).
In April, the number of properties that received a foreclosure filing in Pittsburgh, PA was 14% lower than the previous month and 2% higher than the same time last year.
Home sales for March 2019 were up 0% compared with the previous month, and up 0% compared with a year ago. The median sales price of a non-distressed home was $0. The median sales price of a foreclosure home was $0, or 0% higher than non-distressed home sales.
|Cost of Living Index||96.04|
|Crime Index||212.51 (C-)|
|Household Median Income||$36,019|
|Percentage of vacant homes||16.04%|
|Homes for sale||1,007|
Foreclosure Rates for Pittsburgh:
1 in every 1864
Top 5 zips:
15235 – 1 in every 591 Highest rate
15204 – 1 in every 668
15223 – 1 in every 829
15210 – 1 in every 931
15218 – 1 in every 1253 Lowest rate
US Demographics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States
Real Estate Market Trends – Pittsburgh: http://www.noradarealestate.com/blog/pittsburgh-real-estate-market/
USA Real Estate Market Trends
The nation’s hottest housing markets
Real Estate News–
Local News (Atlanta)
Atlanta Fed President Bostic does not see a rate cut this year like the market is telegraphing
Fed speakers could steal focus from trade war in week ahead
JP Morgan slashes second-quarter GDP forecast to just 1%
Stocks close lower as tech takes brunt of trade tensions
Tech Hubs giving cities a Real Estate Boost
Melinda Gates is funding this Wall Street rebel who is teaching women to invest and stick it to the banks
Home prices hit a record, as higher-end listings dominate this spring’s market
8 affordable U.S. cities for the middle class to buy a home
US housing starts rose more than expected in April
A $1,000 Monthly Mortgage Is Real—in These 10 Bargain Cities
The Amazon Effect: Prices Up, Listings Down Near Its New HQ2 in Virginia
Real estate: 3 challenges facing first-time homebuyers this spring
ATTOM Data Solutions recently released its Q1 2019 Home Sales Report, which broke down various datasets on how the housing market is fairing.
House passes bipartisan bill that will make saving for retirement easier
Why the worst may be yet to come for stocks as trade war tensions persist
The China trade war is leading to lower mortgage rates for American homebuyers
Wall Street is becoming convinced the trade war is here to stay and will only get worse
Celebrity surgeon went ‘all in’ on $180 million Bel Air mansion, then came the high-end housing glut
Above and beyond: how 3 real estate leaders earned a referral
Is Intercontinental International Real Estate Investment Company (ATH:INTERCO) Potentially Underrated?
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
Expected Air Date: 6/27/19