Expected Air Date: 3/21/19
Today I’m going to introduce you to a gentleman who started in this business only three years ago and now is flipping 50 houses a year. He has an incredible story and you will want to be sure to hear it. His name is Scott Sekulow and he’s now known as the “Flipping Rabbi” which is a story I’m going to let him tell you. I’m also going to get his input on the current state of the market.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
**NEW** We are doing live call-ins on Tuesdays from 10-11. If you’ve wanted to call and speak with me, now you have your chance. Call 404-369-1018, extension 5.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- My latest article in Forbes is out. bit.ly/findredeals.
- The FAN is here!
- My website is rogerblankenship.com.
- Hey would you buy me lunch just so you could pick my brain? 32 cents per day. For less than the price of that lunch, just $9.67 per month, you can have a whole month’s worth of my brain pickings by joining the Premium membership. Just go to flippingamericanetwork.com and click on the FAN. On this show I keep a pretty narrow focus on real estate and small business development. But if you subscribe to my FAN premium blog you’ll find out what I think about a wide variety of topics. I will do my best to give you a $10 or $100 idea with every post and I WILL be talking about real estate, but I’m going to weigh in on some other topics as well. Which topics? Whatever interests me. And I have a wide range of interests.
- March 16-17, FlipStarter, www.flipstarterevent.com.
- Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $10. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 6% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 20%. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Guest: Scott Sekulow
- Shameka, Atlanta, GA “I’m a new wholesaler and I would appreciate if you would give me some guidance as to what experienced investors are looking for.”
- Brandon, Atlanta, GA “How do you figure out what it’s going to cost to repair the property?”
- Roberta, Tampa, FL “What is debt service coverage ratio and why is it important? I just got financing rejected by the lender because of this and it’s a property my mentor said would generate good cash flow. I asked the lender and their explanation was technical and I didn’t understand. I asked my mentor and he said it’s not important and I should just go to another lender. I googled it and that really didn’t help either. I’m buying a house for $120,000 and putting $20,000 down. The payment will be $525.20 per month and the rent is $750. It seems like I’m making $200 per month. How can that be wrong?”
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Don’t take the road less traveled. Don’t take the road more traveled. Find people you want to be like and take the road they took.” —Roger Blankenship
Sadly, Scott passed away in 2020 from complications related to Covid 19. We miss you Scott. RIP.