Expected Air Date: 1/28/19
Great show coming up today. We are going to be joined in a moment by Tom Zeeb, a Washington DC investor with a true rags to riches story. 15 years ago Tom was broke as a joke. A near-death experience while rafting pushed him to find a new way to break free of his 9-to-5 job. Real estate investing saved him. Both personally and financially. Hundreds of deals later, he is happy to share the same techniques that set him free, so you can do the same.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- The FAN is rolling out very soon. First quarter for sure, possibly within the next six weeks. It’s an online property marketplace for investors. Free to use with a small technology fee when you buy a property. Wholesalers no longer need to build a buyers list. Just log on and a massive buyers’ list is waiting for your property. Rehabbers can look at the deals, the pictures, the information on the property, and make a decision. You can also reserve your zip code and get 48 hours of exclusive access to all new listings in that zip code. Homeowners – you can list your property in the FAN for free and get an all cash offer very quickly.
- Hey would you buy me lunch just so you could pick my brain? For less than the price of that lunch, just $9.67 per month, you can have a whole month’s worth of my brain pickings by joining the Premium membership. Just go to flippingamericanetwork.com and click on the FAN. On this show I keep a pretty narrow focus on real estate and small business development. But if you subscribe to my FAN premium blog you’ll find out what I think about a wide variety of topics. I will do my best to give you a $10 or $100 idea with every post and I WILL be talking about real estate, but I’m going to weigh in on some other topics as well. Which topics? Whatever interests me. And I have a wide range of interests. Coming up in the next few weeks I’m going to weigh in on the immigration debate, I’ll be talking about the notion that “you shouldn’t listen to what anyone says, just be yourself.” (one of the more misguided ideas of our time). And I’m going to spend a little time talking about how we learn because we should be making that part of our life journey. I’ll tell you the books I’m reading, the thoughts I’m thinking and the way I’m taking my business.All for less than it would cost you to buy me lunch.
- First Thursdays, Join us at 7:30 pm on Facebook live for free. Next up, Deonna Britt, founder of LawClerk on Demand
- Jan 31, BnB Formula Webinar
- March 16-17, FlipStarter, www.flipstarterevent.com.
- My calendar hit Amazon this week. It’s called the GMS Planner. GMS stands for Goals, Milestones, and Steps. It’s a system I developed for my own use several years ago and after listening to my friends and business associates tell me I should be selling it, we started producing it for the help and benefit of others.
- Now for the really big announcement. Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $10. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 6% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 20%. We have some hoops to jump through at the SEC, which is not open right now but it can’t stay closed forever, right? Once the government reopens we will be about 60 days from launch of this new venture. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
- Cecilia, Conyers, GA.
- I’m new to real estate, it has been a long time dream to invest in real estate. I currently own a duplex (owner occupied) and the other unit is vacant since November 2018. My dilemma is where to begin with financing. My credit is in the 600s but my debt to income ratio is too high to add anything else to my credit as far as a personal loan. I’ve lived here for a yr, I do not know if I have any equity in the home to do a HELOC. Which leads to my first question.
- 1. Who besides from a bank would offer a loan to do repairs on my unit so I can rent it out quickly? The AC unit went out, painting of entire unit (3 bd/2.5ba unit), the stairs seem unstable, the front and back yard need grading/leveling, and a small patch or replacement of a short walkway is needed. Also, the water line on my side needs replacing.
- I learned some hard lessons about tenants and partial payments. The tenant left owing about $4,000 in past rent. I need an attorney that can keep me safe as a landlord and also keep me informed on what I can and can not do. A good lease agreement is needed.
- 2. What attorneys, tax advisers, contractors, plumbers, painters, real estate agents, inspectors, etc. do you recommend to be a part of my team? I need this support system.
- 3. Send me the list of your 29 questions to ask potential team members.
4. The tenant left items in the unit, how long do I need to legally hold them? I’ve contacted her and let her know she can come get them but no response. Her mail still comes to the unit. I did not officially evict her we simply did not renew the lease. I want to be free and clear from this tenant and move on to do this landlord thing the right way or find a good property manager that will.
- I feel like I did not do enough due diligence when I purchased this property however, I have the property and want to make the best of it. The neighborhood is not the greatest and would love to move once I build my reserve back up. I depleted most of my assets to obtain the duplex.
- My interest is to buy and hold rentals. I believe one more duplex in my portfolio would be good before purchasing a single family to move into. This will allow me to pay down debt and build my cash reserves. Any suggestions or need to know info would be greatly appreciated.
- Millicent, Jacksonville, FL “What is the weirdest house you’ve ever bought?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” –Zig Ziglar