Expected Air Date: 01/15/17
Back by popular demand, we are going to discuss again today the 85 ways to make money in real estate. There are sub-categories and sub-sub tactics and methods, but these are the 85 major ways. We tried for a list of 100, but after 85 we were repeating ourselves. This time around we are organizing the ways a bit.
Here’s a helpful insight: Although there are 85 ways to make money, they all fall into one of three categories:
- Active Buying and Selling
- Buying and holding for cash flow and equity development
- Passive investing through lending or equity share purchases.
- NEW NEW! www.flippingamericanetwork.com is LIVE
- FlipStarter Tampa is January 20. FlipStarter Dallas is Feb 10. www.flipstarterevent.com
- Call in to our comments line! 404-369-1018, extension 1. Leave your message.
- Questions@flippingamericaradio.com Tell us where you’re from!
- Like us on Facebook. www.facebook.com/flippingamericamedia
- Check in with us every Tuesday for “Tuesdays at Two”
- Follow us on Twitter @FlippingAmerica
- IF WE READ YOUR QUESTION ON THE AIR, WE WILL SEND YOU A TICKET TO OUR NEXT FLIPSTARTER EVENT. THAT’S A $97 VALUE!
Questions@flippingamericaradio.com Tell us where you’re from!
- Ron, Jacksonville, FL “Did I hear you say it’s a bad idea to buy a rental property from a full-service company that provides the rented house for you and financing if you need it?”
- Deann, Atlanta, GA. “I go through the process you have described and end up with a maximum offer far less than the price the seller is asking. Should I just go ahead and make the offer? It seems like possibly a waste of time – both mine and the sellers.”
- If an individual from your marketing, sit down and show them the numbers. Then make the offer. Tony’s illustration of the tow truck…
- If a bank or a HUD house, make the offer.
- Max, Chattanooga, TN “Please go over how many offers I need to make in order to buy one house per month. It doesn’t seem like I have enough time to do this part time.”
- Sharon, Clearwater, FL “I appreciated so much what you shared on the show last Saturday. My husband and I retired to Clearwater in 2006 and took our life savings and invested in real estate here. We thought we couldn’t miss, but boy did we ever. We lost almost everything. Your words were very encouraging. We’ve been trying to get re-started but both had to go back to work part-time to maintain our modest lifestyle here. We are still interested in real estate, but need some guidance on how to get started.”
- Eighty Five Ways to Make Money in Real Estate
- There is overlap and many of them are similar. Some items are more of a source for deal flow than a separate strategy. We create another item if the skill set or knowledge required is significantly different. None of them will be radically different, but each area or source has a different twist.
- This was the topic for show number 80, but we have taken the list a little further and deeper by grouping the list into five broad categories:
- Active Build or Repair and Sell. Items will fall into this category if you buy with the intent of adding value by any means (not always repairs) and re-selling within one year.
- Active Buy and Hold. These are investments made with the intent to create cash flow.
- Passive. You put up the money and it creates income for you. No tenants, toilets, contractors. Just the money.
- Marketing. This includes all real estate related marketing jobs, which is more than simply being a Realtor
- Vendor. Provide goods or services to real estate investors and the real estate community.
|Eighty Five Ways||p, f, m, v, or b||Passive, Fix and Flip, Marketing, Vendor, or Buy and Hold|
|Buy and Hold||b|
|Hybrid fix and Hold||b|
|Small Multi-family (duplex through quads)||b|
|Small Apartments (5-50 units)||b|
|Commercial Sub-leasing (Regus, WeWork, etc.)||b|
|Triple Net Leasing – large companies don’t always want to own the real estate.||b|
|Manufacturing / Industrial||b|
|Motel / Hotel||b|
|Mobile Home Parks||b|
|Business short-stay (AirBnB)||b|
|Real Estate Syndication||b|
|Fix and Flip||f|
|New Every 2 Flip strategy||f|
|Turn Key Rental sales||f|
|Fix and Flip Apartments any size||f|
|Single family developer||f|
|New Construction Residential||f|
|New Construction Commercial||f|
|Auctions||f or b|
|Foreclosure sales||f or b|
|Tax Liens||f or b|
|Subject-To||f or b|
|HUD sales||f or b|
|VA sales||f or b|
|Bulk packages||f or b|
|Joint Ventures||f or b||8|
|Real Estate Marketer||m|
|Realtor Lead Generation||m|
|Realtor Lead Management||m|
|Leveraged Contract for Deed||m|
|Residential Mortgage Lender||m|
|Commercial Mortgage Lender||m|
|Property Management, Residential||m|
|Property Management, Commercial||m|
|Own the Brokerage||m|
|Stock in publicly traded RE company||p|
|Real Estate Private Equity Fund||p||6|
|Real Estate Attorney||v|
|Real Estate Accountant||v|
|Real estate photography||v|
|Consulting / Mentoring||v|
|Trainer / Guru||v|
|Radio Host! (wait – we were talking about making money…)||v||17|